- Defending the freedom of the press
- The 'Magnificient Seven'
- NUJ Congratulates Tindle on launch of Chingford Times
- Launch of Paid-for Hyperlocal Paper
- Enfield Facts
- NUJ Strike at Enfield
- New Newspaper for Lambeth
- The Forester Branches Out
- Tindle acquires The Forester
- Three New London Titles
- Three 150th Anniversaries
- Tindle Launches Out of Recession
- Faringdon Community Award for local paper
- Increased Online Revenue Expectations
- Tindle Newspapers Announces Bonus for Entire Staff
- We will survive with flags flying
- 'Never surrender' motto sees Sir Ray Tindle to the top
- Sir Ray Tindle makes 'finest hour' speech to staff
- It is a fight we must win
- Local hero
Tindle Launches Out of Recession
Friday, 05 March 2010
On Friday 5th March Tindle newspapers announced the launch of four new Titles. Here‘s what‘s being said about it:
...newspaper publisher Sir Ray Tindle has launched three new titles for North London.
They were unveiled to industry guests, the local MP and councillors and Enfield Gazette staff this morning (Friday March 5). They are hyper-local titles – the East Barnet Advertiser, the Winchmore Hill Herald and the Edmonton Herald.
By the end of the month, Tindle Newspapers will have bought or launched at least a dozen and possibly 15 titles since the recession started. “We totally believe in the future of the printed local newspaper – we believe in it 100 per cent. Readers want to see their very local news and reports of their activities in print and they want it in their local paper where all their neighbours will see it too,” he said. Full story in April issue of PJ/Headlines.
Article by Gary Cullum
Find this article at: Click here
For more on this story, click on the links below.
Press Gazette: Click here
Hold the Front Page: Click here