- Defending the freedom of the press
- The 'Magnificient Seven'
- NUJ Congratulates Tindle on launch of Chingford Times
- Launch of Paid-for Hyperlocal Paper
- Enfield Facts
- NUJ Strike at Enfield
- New Newspaper for Lambeth
- The Forester Branches Out
- Tindle acquires The Forester
- Three New London Titles
- Three 150th Anniversaries
- Tindle Launches Out of Recession
- Faringdon Community Award for local paper
- Increased Online Revenue Expectations
- Tindle Newspapers Announces Bonus for Entire Staff
- We will survive with flags flying
- 'Never surrender' motto sees Sir Ray Tindle to the top
- Sir Ray Tindle makes 'finest hour' speech to staff
- It is a fight we must win
- Local hero
NUJ Strike at Enfield
Wednesday, 27 April 2011
Below is an extract from the front page of the Enfield Advertiser today:
“Nine journalists of this newspaper who are members of the National Union of Journalists remain on strike for a second week so this is the second edition produced by the remainder of the staff and management.
The dispute is about the paper‘s non-replacement of staff leaving by natural wastage in this recession and is despite the company making huge and unsustainable losses.
The group is the only one so far not to make journalists redundant in the downturn. That meant non-replacement of those who left for other jobs.
We hope this edition is both local and acceptable to you, our readers.”