- Defending the freedom of the press
- The 'Magnificient Seven'
- NUJ Congratulates Tindle on launch of Chingford Times
- Launch of Paid-for Hyperlocal Paper
- Enfield Facts
- NUJ Strike at Enfield
- New Newspaper for Lambeth
- The Forester Branches Out
- Tindle acquires The Forester
- Three New London Titles
- Three 150th Anniversaries
- Tindle Launches Out of Recession
- Faringdon Community Award for local paper
- Increased Online Revenue Expectations
- Tindle Newspapers Announces Bonus for Entire Staff
- We will survive with flags flying
- 'Never surrender' motto sees Sir Ray Tindle to the top
- Sir Ray Tindle makes 'finest hour' speech to staff
- It is a fight we must win
- Local hero
Launch of Paid-for Hyperlocal Paper
Thursday, 16 June 2011
A new hyperlocal newspaper, Chingford Times, is being launched tomorrow (Friday, June 17).
Chingford Times is a paid-for publication available from newsagents throughout the town, fortnightly at present.
It is published by the Yellow Advertiser group of newspapers, part of the Tindle Newspaper Group.
Managing director Scott Wood said: The marketplace continues to remain difficult and there is a need for newspapers to evolve and change as we tackle the challenges ahead.
We sincerely hope the Chingford Times will satisfy readers who are thirsty for really local news about their community, and advertisers who need a platform to reach these people.
Chingford is not entirely new territory for this company. The Yellow Advertiser has partially covered the town since l982 so the Chingford Times Editor, Greg Fidgeon, and Sales Representative Dale Harris, the staff and I, Scott Wood, already have a good knowledge of this jewel in London. We hope to become more closely associated as the months go by. We are all at the service of the residents and business community of Chingford.
The idea for such strictly local newspapers in London came from our proprietor, Sir Ray Tindle. I would also like to thank both Edwin and Henry Boorman, who helped identify Chingford as an area which might welcome this type of newspaper. They greatly assisted in bringing this publication to fruition.
We look forward to working with everyone within the Chingford area and ask them to help us with our new project by sending us their local news and views on local matters.